General information for members
On this page
Summer Newsletter 2018
WCS Member's Handbook
WCS Member's Handbook - Appendix A
- Committee and Non-committee members
- Designated Person for Safeguarding
- Section reps
- Photos from the RVW concert (Nov 2017)
- NEW: The retiring collection for SSAFA was an amazing £417.25.
- NEW: For information about the score we will be using for next March's St Matthew Passion and what the cuts will be, go to Practice Aids in the Members dropdown menu. Because the concert will be a longer one than is usual for us, it's planned to begin at 7pm on Saturday 30 March 2019, not 7.30pm.
- CAMEO: Alison gives us a glimpse into her other life as an Examiner.
- ADVANCE NOTICE FOR THE SPRING TERM - EXTRA REHEARSAL: Please make a note of an extra rehearsal which has been arranged for the Spring term when we rehearse for our St Matthew Passion concert. It is the morning of Saturday 16 March (start time tba) at the Methodist Church.
- 'SING FOR SOMERSET' CAROL SERVICE: The Carol Service at Wells Cathedral this year will take place on Saturday 15 December. See below for details of rehearsal venue and dates, and the dedicated website.
- DOCUMENTS: A copy of the WCS Member's Handbook and the 2018 WCS Summer Newsletter will be found further down this page.
- WEBSITE: If you find you have a problem with the dropdown menu from the Members tab it is suggested by Weebly, the platform we use, that clearing your browser's cache should help resolve the problem.
- CAMEO: Simon Johnson looks back to his time as a chorister in the Salisbury Cathedral Choir, under the guidance of Sir David Willcocks. If you are interested in contributing an article, please contact Hilary (website editor) at the Wednesday rehearsal.
- WHEN YOU BUY ANYTHING ONLINE - from presents for family and friends to your weekly shop - you could be raising a free donation for Wellington Choral Society. Start today! For more information, go to Fundraising when you shop online
'Sing for Somerset' - rehearsal dates
All rehearsals will take place, as usual, in the Temple Methodist Church, Taunton. This year there is a dedicated website, Somerset Voices Choir, and Laurence will post more information, including confirmation of this year's subscription, and how to sign up, soon.
- Saturday 17th November 10am-12 noon
- Wednesday 28th November 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 8th December 10am-12 noon
- Tuesday 11th December 7.30pm-9.30pm
Designated Person for Safeguarding
Telephone number: 01823-661649
Accompanist: Alison Pink
Assistant Treasurer: Tim Sylvester Jones
Librarian: Kate Lambert
Minute Secretary: Michaela Dearness
Newsletter Editor: Liz McDowell
There is a representative for each section of the choir to help new members find their feet and raise any concerns.