General information for members
On this page
- NEW: The Quiz Night on Friday the 19th was a great success, with five tables of competitors, each endeavouring to come out on top at the end of one hundred very testing questions. Congratulations to Blyth's Babes who were the winners.
- NEW: Alison gives us a glimpse into her other life as an Examiner.
- ADVANCE NOTICE FOR THE SPRING TERM - EXTRA REHEARSAL: Please make a note of an extra rehearsal which has been arranged for the Spring term when we rehearse for our St Matthew Passion concert. It is the morning of Saturday 16 March (start time tba) at the Methodist Church.
- 'SING FOR SOMERSET' CAROL SERVICE: The Carol Service at Wells Cathedral this year will take place on Saturday 15 December. See below for details of rehearsal venue and dates, including the new dedicated website.
- MESSIAH: A message from Laurence: "Thanks to everyone who brought things together. It was a brilliant evening ... a wonderful concert!" We had 202 seated for the concert - a very enjoyable evening for members and audience alike.
- RETIRING COLLECTION: The retiring collection for STAR, following the March concert, raised £215.15. Sue Isherwood, Trustee of STAR, said: "The money will go a long way in supporting disadvantaged young people in Somerset to benefit both physically and mentally from participation in a variety of arts and sports activities."
- DOCUMENTS: A copy of the WCS Member's Handbook and the 2018 WCS Summer Newsletter will be found further down this page.
- WEBSITE: If you find you have a problem with the dropdown menu from the Members tab it is suggested by Weebly, the platform we use, that clearing your browser's cache should help resolve the problem.
- CAMEO: Simon Johnson looks back to his time as a chorister in the Salisbury Cathedral Choir, under the guidance of Sir David Willcocks. If you are interested in contributing an article, please contact Hilary (website editor) at the Wednesday rehearsal.
- WHEN YOU BUY ANYTHING ONLINE - from presents for family and friends to your weekly shop - you could be raising a free donation for Wellington Choral Society. Start today! For more information, go to Fundraising when you shop online
'Sing for Somerset' - rehearsal dates
All rehearsals will take place, as usual, in the Temple Methodist Church, Taunton. This year there is a dedicated website, Somerset Voices Choir, and Laurence will post more information, including confirmation of this year's subscription, and how to sign up, soon.
- Saturday 17th November 10am-12 noon
- Wednesday 28th November 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 8th December 10am-12 noon
- Tuesday 11th December 7.30pm-9.30pm
Designated Person for Safeguarding
Telephone number: 01823-661649
Accompanist: Alison Pink
Assistant Treasurer: Tim Sylvester Jones
Librarian: Kate Lambert
Minute Secretary: Michaela Dearness
Newsletter Editor: Liz McDowell
There is a representative for each section of the choir to help new members find their feet and raise any concerns.