General information for members
On this page
Summer Sing Choral Workshop booking form
Summer Newsletter 2017
WCS Member's Handbook
WCS Member's Handbook - Appendix A
- Committee and Non-committee members
- Designated Person for Safeguarding
- Section reps
- Photos from the RVW concert
More pictures from our November concert at Exeter Cathedral further down the page.
- 'SING FOR SOMERSET' CAROL SERVICE: The Carol Service at Wells Cathedral this year will take place on Saturday 15 December. See below for details of rehearsal venue and dates, including the new dedicated website.
- MESSIAH: A message from Laurence: "Thanks to everyone who brought things together. It was a brilliant evening ... a wonderful concert!" We had 202 seated for the concert - a very enjoyable evening for members and audience alike.
- RETIRING COLLECTION: The retiring collection for STAR, following the March concert, raised £215.15. Sue Isherwood, Trustee of STAR, said: "The money will go a long way in supporting disadvantaged young people in Somerset to benefit both physically and mentally from participation in a variety of arts and sports activities."
- DOCUMENTS There is a booking form for the two Summer Sing Choral Workshops a little further down this page, as well as a copy of the WCS Member's Handbook and newsletters.
- WEBSITE For anyone having a problem with the dropdown menu from the Members tab Weebly (the platform we use) suggests that clearing your browser's cache should help resolve the problem.
- CAMEO: Simon Johnson looks back to his time as a chorister in the Salisbury Cathedral Choir, under the guidance of Sir David Willcocks. If you are interested in contributing an article, please contact Hilary (website editor) using the email link under Contacting a Committee Member, further down this page.
- WHEN YOU BUY ANYTHING ONLINE - from presents for family and friends to your weekly shop - you could be raising a free donation for Wellington Choral Society. Start today! For more information, go to Fundraising when you shop online
'Sing for Somerset' - rehearsal dates
All rehearsals will take place, as usual, in the Temple Methodist Church, Taunton. This year there is a dedicated website, Somerset Voices Choir, and Laurence will post more information, including confirmation of this year's subscription, and how to sign up, soon.
- Saturday 17th November 10am-12 noon
- Wednesday 28th November 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 8th December 10am-12 noon
- Tuesday 11th December 7.30pm-9.30pm
Designated Person for Safeguarding
Telephone number: 01823-661649
Accompanist: Alison Pink
Assistant Treasurer: Tim Sylvester Jones
Librarian: Kate Lambert
Minute Secretary: Michaela Dearness
Social Liaison: Lucy Watson
There is a representative for each section of the choir to help new members find their feet and raise any concerns.